Comments by gwl
  1. 1

Interesting but I hope folks don’t take this to imply a ketogenic diet is healthy. Don’t confuse longevity with a life of reduced disease. These rats live for only a year without the opportunity to suffer the ill effects of a high fat diet such as stroke, heart disease, diabetes, etc. A lot can happen in 60 years as opposed to 6 months. On a ketogenic diet you won’t get a chance to die of “old age”.

1. 1

I’m definitely a layman, but I would have to say every single indicator of good health has improved dramatically since I began the ketogenic diet. My bouts of Afib have ceased, even with an increased intake of caffeine. I’m wondering what it is that’s supposed to increase heart disease, and I’m certainly curious how a low-carb diet contributes to diabetes… it is literally used as a cure for type 2 diabetes. If you have links to good research, I’d be very much interested in seeing them. I searched for a long time and found no reliable research condemning an intelligently engaged ketogenic diet.