Comments by Paneels
  1. 1

I sleep on a Japanese mattress. My girlfriend hates it. I like a firm surface. I want to know what is the best bedding material for a good night sleep. I often sleep on the floor when I am a guest in peoples house. I feel like I fall asleep faster and stay asleep more. I am concerned that I am just psycho somatizing perceived benefits from my boutique-y hand made Japanese mattress. I saw this designer bed that was based on the chimpanzee’s nest design that touted a paleolithic sleep experience as it’s selling point.

I have slow choline metabolism gene polymorphism, one copy of aloep4, and the other one that limits deep sleep. I think it’s really hard for me to not use digital entertainment near bedtime is my sleep problem. I wear blue blockers, I have a pitch black room, and I turn off all the electronics when i do go to sleep. I often wake up early like around 6, I ussually have energy and feel pretty well rested. It is rare for me to exceed 7 hrs of sleep. I noticed using mouth tape for my nose breathing has increased my restfulness. The earliest I can manage to go to bed avoiding lights is around 1015, typically I will get there around 11. I take magnesium, zinc, collagen, i avoid sugar, i avoid seed oils, i limit carbs. I think i need to sauna more and drink less coffee. coffee is the one thing I do. it’s my only vice. i have so many food abstentions. I have a problem with under eating as well, I rarely have much appetite. There are so many variables to consider. I have had sleep difficulty for the past 10 years or so and it’s gotten better this past year trying these strategies. it is a challenge trying to put all of it into practice, especially meditation.

The best sleep i get is when i am back packing for more than 2 weeks. I sleep 8 pm to 7 am after hiking all day in constant sunlight exposure.

Does the found my fitness dna assessment detail chronotype gene polymorphisms?