Comments by Grendel
  1. 1

Is it the heat or the sweating that benefits the body?? Ive been using a infrared sauna for the last 3 years, every day for about an hour. Its how I start my day. I’m a truck driver and I deal with hazmat every day. My routine is downing a 32oz glass of lemon water with a pinch of salt, then I refill that glass with water and a couple capsules of active carbon, I finish that in the first 15 min, from there I’ll usually polish off a liter of water or more, I dont pay attention, but I keep my body saturated. sometimes I take niacin, but not always, I’ve been doing this so long i’m less concerned about detoxing and more about wither or not i’m in the mood for it. But i’m not concerned with the heat. I start with it cranked at 150, some days I take the whole hour at 150, some days I’ll go as low as 136, I found that doing intervals really gets the body sweating. (when the temp drops down to 136 then crank it back up to 150, when it hits 150 drop it back to 136, when it hits 136, crank it back to 150 etc etc etc for the hour. but I cant find anything in your research or anybodies research about whether its the heat or the sweating. I like to think its the sweating, because when I add salt to my water as I often do, I can taste it in my sweat and feel it sting in my eyes, which tells me that its going from my stomach and radiating out to my skin. I go through 2 towels a day, and I feel like if the towels arnt soaked enough to my liking, then I didn’t drink enough water, or just didn’t have a good sweat. My heart rate doesnt go much above 150, but i’m 39, and I dont try to get my heart up unless its to get the sweat flowing. i’m finally investing in an chest freezer to do ice baths, as I feel i’ve been to lazy to long. but again, the research I’ve read and even your videos all talk about the heat, and a laughable 20 minutes. is it the heat that is doing it, or is it the sweating. Thanks, and love your info