Comments by thenamzmonty
  1. 1

Hi Rhonda. Big admirer of your great work. Can you please reference the studies you refer to on the correlation between artificial sweeteners and their effect on gut micro-biome and causing obesity? I have scoured the internet and have found several studies but the evidence from the studies appears to be fairly inconclusive… Also,( based on my biased anecdotal evidence,lol) I have had extreme success with weight loss and management by substituting sugary foods and drinks with artificial sweeteners. Am I an anomaly!?

1. 1

Here’s some of what you might be looking for…

Do you know the approximate time for that part of the conversation? I’d love to add the studies to the timeline. Of course, in no way did I mean to imply that it is strictly impossible to lose weight while consuming artificial sweeteners. Congratulations on your success!

1. 1

Sorry Rhonda, I can’t recall the approximate time! Thanks for the links to the studies. Very interesting. So , would you say that I happen to be one of the “lucky” individuals who is not affected by this or is it something you suspect will eventually have a negative impact? Is there a way one can test the health of their gut bacteria?! Thanks again.