Comments by blipton
  1. 1

Regarding the discussion in Turmeric, and how what makes it healthy is that it’s somewhat toxic, and therefore the body has to activate fighter genes to remove it.. any thoughts on FERMENTED turmeric tea (popular in Okinawa, Japan)? I know fermented foods often have beneficial qualities, but haven’t heard if that same is true for tea (Tumeric or Pu-erh).

I recently ordered ‘Mate Factor’ tumeric tea from iHerb, and interestingly, at checkout it said “WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California [Prop 65] to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.”

In order to place the order you have to click that you have read the warning. Any idea why Turmeric tea would get flagged?

Also, in order to get the lesser known active ingredients in turmeric (ex. Aromatic/Ar-turmerone) , what are your thoughts on JUICING turmeric roots? For example the turmeric juice recipes from FoodBabe / BALINESE JAMU KUNYIT (the forum at bulletproof)?

1. 1

Just watched the interview, and it’s easy to see why people do it. He seems very authentic, and his enthusiasm is infectious!

What I was wondering though.. why is an immune response to endotoxin injection a bad thing? Or put another way, why is it better for adrenaline to kick in instead of the immune system… seems counterintutive, no? Or at least, I always thought stress horomones (Cortisol, Adrenaline) are PRO-inflammatory, much like the cytokines that norephinephrine wants to supress.

Minus the epinephrine inducing breathing technique of letting in, more than you let out, is the Wim Hof Method the same as doing Whole Body Cryotherapy (as touted by Tony Robbins)?

I think I’d like to buy his ($200?) course, but doesn’t seem like any theory is covered in it… i.e. why cold exposure increases norephinephrine, and why that may be useful for treating psychological disorders. Can purely physiological / generic disorders (ex. TMAU) be improved?