Comments by rwhout
  1. 1

How do we rectify the 2010 study against more recent studies showing no benefit, such as this one? https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/12/well/omega-3s-show-little-or-no-benefit-for-depression-or-anxiety.html

1. 1

The two events are not mutually exclusive. Perhaps a handful of nuts along with low fat milk would be a better option.

1. 1

Sample size was awfully small. Hopefully, they can achieve similar results with a much larger population.

1. 1

The operative words being “their effects on cholesterol are identical when saturated fat levels are equivalent,”.
          But they often are not equivalent when people eat white meat from skinless poultry .

1. 1

Very interesting, 250mg in a lysophospholid form is more effective than a bottle of fish oil. “The human equivalent would amount to less than a quarter of a gram per day.”

“It seems that there is a transporter at the blood-brain barrier that EPA must pass through in order to get into the brain, but EPA in fish oil can’t get through, whereas LPC-EPA can,”

Too bad there isn’t a product available in this form now. Sounds like supplemental fish oil is a waste of money for those looking to impact brain health.

1. 1

Just because something is healthy for one person doesn’t mean it is for the next. I would avoid any food my body reacted to, it’s kind of like an alarm going off.

1. 1

thanks, i have just been eating seeds for a while now. im interested to know what this forum (rhonda, mostly haha) considers to be seeds worth eating? I eat flax, pumpkin, and chia right now. I would like to know if there are any others I could add that would be worth it. I think im allergic to sesame but what about hemp seeds? i couldve sworn i remember reading somewhere that they oxidize pretty easily. Im not sure if rhonda said that or where i heard it but its sticking in my mind. is this correct? sorry, rhonda if you didnt say that