Joe Rogan Experience #459 - Dr. Rhonda Patrick
Posted on February 20th 2014 (over 5 years)
Dr. Rhonda Patrick makes her first appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience.
A few of the topics and studies mentioned in this episode include...
- 00:10:30 - Extreme obesity dramatically shortens life expectancy. News release.
- 00:11:40 - Vitamin D regulates serotonin synthesis. Study.
- 00:13:00 - Exercise can increase tryptophan transport into the brain. Study.
- 00:14:25 - Consumption of branched-chain amino acids can deplete tryptophan in the brain as much as use of methamphetamine can. Study.
- 00:20:27 - Obesity negatively influences vitamin D bioavailability. Study.
- 00:38:05 - Rhonda Patrick’s video: Rebuttal to Anti-Vitamin Editorial: "Enough is Enough"
- 00:52:40 - The omega-3 fatty acid eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) reduced symptoms of bipolar depression. Study.
- 00:54:25 - Telomere length is biomarker for aging. Study.
- 00:56:02 - Twins with higher serum vitamin D concentrations had longer leukocyte telomere length. Study.
- 00:56:45 - Twins who exercised more had longer leukocyte telomere length. Study.
- 01:02:27 - Antipsychotic drugs cause brain atrophy in schizophrenic patients over time. Study.
- 01:05:23 - The omega-3 fatty acid DHA increases dopamine in the frontal lobe of the brain in schizophrenics. Study.
- 01:23:10 - Mice without IGF-1 receptor have extended lifespan and greater resistance to oxidative stress. Study.
- 01:43:30 - Caloric restriction delays disease onset and mortality in rhesus monkeys. Study.
- 01:48:40 - The grandchildren of boys who lived during periods of famine lived longer than the grandchildren of boys who lived during periods of plenty. Study.
- 01:52:55 - Environmental enrichment creates epigenetic changes that benefit learning and memory in rodents and these benefits transfer to offspring. Study.
- 02:05:00 - NASA study showed that gravity influenced expression of genes involved in metastasis. Study.
- 02:09:18 - Approximately 70% of herbal supplements do not contain what is advertised. Study.
- 02:14:45 - Supplemental vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids influenced behavior of young adult prisoners. Study.
- 02:32:57 - High-dose intravenous vitamin C was beneficial for cancer patients. Study.
Member support keeps us strong.
If you enjoy the fruits of , you can participate in helping us to keep improving it. Creating a pay-what-you-can subscription does just that! Plus, we throw in occasional member perks and, more importantly, churn out the best possible content without concerning ourselves with the wishes of any dark overlords.
Our website is 100% supported by people like you through this pay-what-you-can mechanism.
Fundamentals$5 / month
Loyal Fan$10 / month
Super Fan$25 / month
Power Supporter$50 / month
Heroic Supporter$125 / month