Joe Rogan Experience #1178 - Dr. Rhonda Patrick
Posted on October 4th 2018 (11 days)
Dr. Rhonda Patrick makes her eighth appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience.
A few of the topics and studies mentioned in this episode include...
- 00:02:00 - Bisphenol A is released from polycarbonate drinking bottles and mimics the neurotoxic actions of estrogen in developing cerebellar neurons
- 00:02:30 - Bisphenol A and human health: a review of the literature
- 00:02:47 - Experimental BPA Exposure and Glucose-Stimulated Insulin Response in Adult Men and Women
- 00:02:54 - MU Researcher Helps Determine that BPA Has Adverse Effects on Couples Seeking In Vitro Fertilization
- 00:04:14 - Bisphenol A migration from polycarbonate baby bottle with repeated use.
- 00:13:22 - Carnivore diet
- 00:15:50 - A Randomized Trial Comparing a Very Low Carbohydrate Diet and a Calorie-Restricted Low Fat Diet on Body Weight and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Healthy Women.
- 00:16:05 - Ketosis and appetite-mediating nutrients and hormones after weight loss
- 00:16:23 - Long-term habituation to food in obese and nonobese women
- 00:18:24 - Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
- 00:19:30 - Intermittent Fasting Confers Protection in CNS Autoimmunity by Altering the Gut Microbiota
- 00:20:33 - Trial of Minocycline in a Clinically Isolated Syndrome of Multiple Sclerosis
- 00:23:16 - Understanding the role of gut microbiome–host metabolic signal disruption in health and disease
- 00:23:16 - Diet rapidly and reproducibly alters the human gut microbiome
- 00:23:16 - Structure of the gut microbiome following colonization with human feces determines colonic tumor burden.
- 00:28:45 - Flipping the Metabolic Switch: Understanding and Applying the Health Benefits of Fasting
- 00:36:01 - Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
- 00:37:58 - Genetics and the Placebo Effect: the Placebome
- 00:38:56 - Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity May Not Exist
- 00:46:59 - Carnivore diet deficiency: Vitamin C
- 00:48:25 - Vitamin C physiology: the known and the unknown and Goldilocks
- 00:49:54 - Vitamin C pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers: evidence for a recommended dietary allowance.
- 00:53:55 - Biological variation in ascorbic acid needs.
- 00:56:00 - Carnivore diet deficiency: Vitamin E
- 00:59:00 - Folate deficiency causes uracil misincorporation into human DNA and chromosome breakage: Implications for cancer and neuronal damage
- 01:08:21 - Sulforaphane
- 01:08:43 - Broccoli sprouts have 10-100x the sulforaphane as mature plant
- 01:08:59 - Rapid and Sustainable Detoxication of Airborne Pollutants by Broccoli Sprout Beverage: Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial in China
- 01:09:14 - Keap1-Nrf2 Signaling: A Target for Cancer Prevention by Sulforaphane
- 01:09:33 - Effect of Sulforaphane in Men with Biochemical Recurrence after Radical Prostatectomy.
- 01:09:52 - Consumption of Brussels sprouts results in elevated α-class glutathione S-transferase levels in human blood plasma
- 01:09:52 - Reduction of oxidative DNA-damage in humans by Brussels sprouts
- 01:11:13 - Sulforaphane Augments Glutathione and Influences Brain Metabolites in Human Subjects: A Clinical Pilot Study.
- 01:21:33 - Ironic similarity between vegan and carnivore diet.
- 01:28:30 - Fasting and the Fasting Mimicking Diet.
- 01:31:30 - Types of Alzheimers Disease and current status of research.
- 01:35:00 - ApoE4
- 01:36:19 - Clearance systems in the brain—implications for Alzheimer disease
- 01:36:54 - Modification of the relationship of the apolipoprotein E ε4 allele to the risk of Alzheimer disease and neurofibrillary tangle density by sleep.
- 01:39:28 - Omega-3 fatty acids
- 01:43:45 - n−3 Fatty acids and cardiovascular disease risk factors among the Inuit of Nunavik
- 02:10:00 - Ketones and Ketosis
- 02:07:50 - Sulforaphane supplementation
- 02:08:59 - Parenthood
- 02:21:32 - Health benefits of heat stress
- 02:23:52 - Sauna exposure leads to improved arterial compliance: Findings from a non-randomised experimental study
- 02:24:20 - Repeated exposure to heat stress induces mitochondrial adaptation in human skeletal muscle
- 02:24:20 - Association of High Cardiovascular Fitness and the Rate of Adaptation to Heat Stress.
- 02:24:38 - Prophylactic Effects of Sauna on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness of the Wrist Extensors
- 02:27:06 - Does an NSAID a day keep satellite cells at bay?
- 02:31:55 - Sensory deprivation tank
- Charles Raison
- Valter Longo
- Jed Fahey
- Mark Levine
- Alessio Fasano
Member support keeps us strong.
If you enjoy the fruits of , you can participate in helping us to keep improving it. Creating a pay-what-you-can subscription does just that! Plus, we throw in occasional member perks and, more importantly, churn out the best possible content without concerning ourselves with the wishes of any dark overlords.
Our website is 100% supported by people like you through this pay-what-you-can mechanism.
Fundamentals$5 / month
Loyal Fan$10 / month
Super Fan$25 / month
Power Supporter$50 / month
Heroic Supporter$125 / month