Is Resveratrol a Longevity Compound?
Posted on December 30th 2019 (25 days)
In this episode, Rhonda gives a summary of the science of resveratrol including its effects in animals and humans, the mechanisms behind how it works, and the bottom line on resveratrol supplementation and safety.
A few key moments...
- 00:03:39 - Clinical effects of resveratrol in humans
- 00:04:10 - Effects on cardiovascular health biomarkers in humans
- 00:06:54 - Reduction of inflammatory biomarkers in humans
- 00:08:11 - Improved cognition and memory in clinical studies
- 00:11:23 - Healthspan improvements in animals
- 00:12:28 - Induction of longevity genes via xenohormesis
- 00:16:19 - Contradictory effects on exercise-associated benefits
- 00:20:34 - Various factors that affect resveratrol bioavailability
- 00:23:09 - Unintentional effects on drug metabolism
For a more in-depth timeline, as well as references for this episode, click the timeline tab.
Member support keeps us strong.
If you enjoy the fruits of , you can participate in helping us to keep improving it. Creating a pay-what-you-can subscription does just that! Plus, we throw in occasional member perks and, more importantly, churn out the best possible content without concerning ourselves with the wishes of any dark overlords.
Our website is 100% supported by people like you through this pay-what-you-can mechanism.
Fundamentals$15 / month
Loyal Fan$25 / month
Super Fan$50 / month
Power Supporter$125 / month
Heroic Supporter$250 / month